Thursday, December 21, 2006

Air travel fog ordeal continues


Fog has disrupted domestic and international flights at Heathrow and other airports.
Dense fog is continuing to cause misery for Christmas holiday travellers at Heathrow and other UK airports. Hundreds of domestic flights and some international flights are grounded.

Heathrow has been the worst hit, with 40,000 people affected, and services from Gatwick, Manchester and Cardiff have also been disrupted. Passengers said they were angry about a lack of information.

About 350 flights out of Heathrow have been cancelled on Thursday, a 40% reduction.
Napil Berry, 37, from Nottingham, said he had missed his sister's wedding in Stockholm.
Sitting outside the terminal concourse, he said: "I told my sister I'm not going to make it. She said: 'Try to come in time for Christmas.'

"I'm not angry with BA about it but I am angry and upset I missed my sister's wedding."
The BBC's Lucy Rodgers in Heathrow said that by 1200 GMT the scene in Terminal One seemed to be calming after the morning chaos.

The disruption will continue on Friday, with British Airways announcing it would be operating no domestic flights in and out of Heathrow and a reduced short-haul schedule because of the fog. About 100 flights in total have already been cancelled.
Read more here.

No comments: