Monday, November 06, 2006

Pedro Fernandes (11A) was at Rui Veloso’s gig at the Porto Colosseum

Pedro loves music and he had made up his mind to join the crowd at Porto Colosseum and celebrate the 25th anniversary of Rui Veloso’s career in great style. Read what he wrote.

I went to Coliseu do Porto to watch Rui Veloso's concert to celebrate the 25th anniversary of his first album. It was absolutely amazing! He invited a bunch of great artists! The first were Jorge Palma, João Gil, Tim and Vitorino! They were awesome!
And then, after these, he invited Mariza!!! The entire Coliseu gave her a standing ovation! I wanted so badly to see her in the flesh and to hear her singing! It was marvellous! I didn't even suspect she was going to appear. I was quite sad because I wanted to go to her concert at Coliseu do Porto, as well, but, as it was on on Thursday (school, homework,...) I couldn’t go. She is definitely one of the best singers in the world! Her voice is so powerful, but at the same time so sweet! And she is really nice! She's always smiling! She sang with Rui Veloso a beautiful song called "Não Queiras Saber de Mim". It was so spectacular! If I could, I'd go back in time and I'd hear it hundreds of time!
And then he invited the Spanish singer Luz Casal. In my opinion, she didn't sing very well. It wasn't really like Luz Casal! Her voice was kind of weird.
Anyway, the concert was totally stunning! I really loved it! I guess I'll keep singing some of Rui Veloso's songs for days just like as I did with Luís Represas.

Have you read cerefully? Check your attention!

1. Name seven artists who sang at the gig.
2. List three adjectives Pedro used to describe the concert.
3. List five adjectives and phrases to describe Mariza.
4. Based on Pedro’s words, what is he likely to be doing at this moment?

  • playing computer games
  • listening to Luz Casal
  • singing one of Rui Veloso’s songs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agenda artística de Jorge Palma actualizada em www.bloguepalmaniaco.blogspot.com
newsletter/informações: contactar ladoerradodanoite@hotmail.com

OLima said...

I bet he's downloading some good stuff to listen to on his mp3. Octávio Lima (ondas3.blogs.sapo.pt)